Saturday, June 13, 2009

michelle, karin, staci

WOMEN 6-8
Michelle
I was 16, she was 15, we were in marching band together. One of two high school girlfriends (and my first Jewish girlfriend), we kissed on her basement couch a few times over the course of a few weeks, then she dumped me. My friend Fred found out i was going to be dumped before i did, and alerted me. Classic high school dopeyness.
Karin
I was 17, she was 15, the little sister of a friend. She played clarinet in marching band. We hooked up on a band bus ride back from a football game. It was unexpected, dreamlike, and never to be repeated. I reconnected with her a few summers later, but couldn't recapture the lost moment.
Staci
Technically yes, i was breast-fed, however…the first time i touched a breast, i was sixteen. It was early spring, the closing night of the Youth Club musical. I was falling in love with acting, and riding one of the most wonderful experiences of my life, JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT. I was Joseph (my first lead ever). The cast party sleepover was at my house. Out of a cast of 100, nearly all were there. People in sleeping bags everywhere, in the halls, under tables… For the past few weeks, Staci had been my girlfriend. She was a sophomore i had known for a couple years. She was medium height with naturally(?) blonde hair, and a dancer in the show. She played field hockey and softball. A year earlier, her best friend Cindy had been my first kiss. I had always been more attracted to Staci, and was eye-openingly delighted when, during rehearsals, she said she would be my girlfriend. Wow. By closing night, we had made out a few times. At around 2:30AM, things started to settle down (though Mom and Dad were still barbershopping with some kids in the kitchen). I went with Staci and our sleeping bags into the piano room. There were five kids there, already in their bags. I guess what followed was my first experience with "star treatment", for after Staci and i settled down, the others wordlessly left. I was amazed. There were people sleeping on the stairs, and we were getting a room to ourselves? We kissed and touched, and at exactly sometime AM, her breast (the left one, i’m guessing) was uncovered and against my hand. A soft, gentle wow. In the darkness, just unbelievably soft and full. After a bit, we fell asleep. I don't know whether she had ever gone that far, or further. I told her it was the first time i ever had. A week later, she had broken up with me and was dating Scott, who had played Reuben (and who years later, was the male piece of the only bisexual dream i can ever recall).

No comments: