Friday, February 22, 2008

sanctify

With blood and bone and breath
I will brand you
With need and newness and nakedness
I will nurture you
With finger and freedom and flesh
I will find you
With rain and rhythm and randomness
I will reach you
With softness and sunshine and spreading
I will separate you
With tongue and tear and truth
I will torch you
With unity and undulations and urgency
I will undo you
With cunt and cock and creation
I will cleave you
With eagerness and endlessness and ecstasy
I will enter you
With wildness and wistfulness and wonder
I will worship you
With power and purge and purity
I will pacify you
With skin and sweat and sex
I will sanctify you
With healing and heart and hands
I will hold you
With burning and brazenness and beauty
I will bathe you
With lust and light and laughter
I will love you

2006

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love this poem--I like it when it is formatted in the original way-probably can't do that here.

wrob said...

In my perception of my work, this was the only poem prior to Hmmm... that I thought might be, well, really fucking good. Maybe even ridicuously good. Others have reacted strongly to it. And yeah, I tried to format it in a way that suggested the original, but was quite denied even that.