Friday, February 22, 2008

bohemian

I never had a one-night stand
Nor a three-way, you see
I never inked the orgy register
or dabbled in bestiality

I never swung or swapped
Or with a man had sexual embrace
I never engaged a prostitute
Or had sex in a public place

I never cheated on a girlfriend
Not even with a kiss once or twice
I never back-doored a woman
But no one’s ever asked me nice

I never had sex with underling or boss
Or with a woman who was drunk and unsteady
I never loved a woman not yet eighteen
But i’ve looked, and wished some were ready

I never tripped, or ‘shroomed, or based
I smoked and got high once, for fun
Never did ether, or skag, or x
And my alcoholic days were but one

But there are other kinds of Bohemians
Less celebrated, no less free
Who challenge other beliefs, other mores
So saunter down that road with me

2004

No comments: