Thursday, July 9, 2009

laura's roommate, colleen

WOMEN 25-26
Laura's roommate
Laura was a college actress friend i had a huge crush on, and would visit regularly. I never managed to make a love connection though, and oftentimes just ended up hanging out with her roommate. She was into Elizabethan poetry, was great to talk to…but i only had eyes for Laura. The roommate would hug me when i left, and over time these hugs became measurable in minutes. Just quietly holding each other, with a slow caress here and there…on one of the longer ones, i became peacefully erect. One night, she told me about an ex-boyfriend who was a violent stalker. Around the time i started to realize that maybe she liked me as more than a friend (i wasn't always the swiftest with such things), and that i had been a fool chasing Laura, she had to leave school. Family trouble or something. To this day, i can see her face so clearly…as the years pass, she comes more and more to mind as one person i should never have let get away…
Colleen
A college actress one or two years older who had transferred in, my freshman year. Very talented, silly, and smart. She waited years for me to make a move. Things finally came to a head during a sleepover party my senior year. We found ourselves together in the dark, and we caressed and kissed and partially disrobed. I held back. I never made a move again, until a year or two after college, when i looked her up. She was seeing someone…serves me right for being an indecisive jerkhead.

No comments: