Tuesday, May 12, 2009

president?

I had won the presidential election. I was in a large hall, with a small multitude of people. We had to quickly pick a vice-president, and were screening candidates. There were a handful of my people handling this, among them Jimmy Smits, who was my vice-president (don't look for consistency here). We were picking people to interview, and i saw one unassuming character who wasn't even trying to put his name forward. I liked that, and remembered his name. Jimmy was very excited about it all, and when we gathered our group to confer, he said he wanted to see the same unassuming man, whose name was Santos. After another few moments, i realized that JIMMY was the new president, and that i had gotten him elected. I must be his chief of staff, then. It suddenly made sense. I almost spoke up to question the wisdom of a chief of staff who can't remember he's not the president, but i let it slide. We then all went off to the white house, but i can't remember those parts clearly.

No comments: