Wednesday, May 6, 2009

i died the other night...and panties!

I had one of the most stark, intense dreams of my life a few nights ago. In a world of darkness and foreboding, i am with two companions. We are well-dressed, with a dark, expensive car. They say we must get in, and go quickly. We do so, in the pre-dawn mist. They are in the front. I am filled with uncertainty about the choice we are making. Almost immediately, we see ahead of us two policemen, their car parked by the side of a cliff. My companions say we must get by them. The officers are down on one knee, their guns pointed toward the road. As we zip past, i hear two shots. As time freezes, i feel bullets tear through my neck. I know i will die, and have a few moments to absorb this reality. I do not speak to my companions, for they, like everything, are now irrelevant. There are no words. Only emptiness.
I wake up.
I have never died in any dream i can recall, nor been shot. I suppose it's not entirely surprising i had this dream now, as my life has been filled with wounds and siege lately. And it also may be relevant that before i went to sleep, i learned that i may have exposed myself to herpes.
I share an apartment with a young latino couple, and an older gay couple. The woman regularly leaves her panties up to dry in the shower. This bothers the other couple, but i don't mind, i actually like it. Over the past few weeks, i've had a growing urge to touch the panties. Once or twice, i've done so. Yesterday, i had the urge to tear at the panties with my teeth. The curious thing about this is that i'm not particularly attracted to her. She wears makeup, and seems mousey.
Ah sex, you encumbered, twisted, beautiful bastard!

No comments: