Thursday, February 11, 2010

...and the flowers laugh

Okay, i did it my way this time. I posted a craigslist romance ad. When i've posted in the past (aside from that time i let a friend speak for me), i've usually shared one of my poems about a dream lover. This time, prompted by musings over what's more important, shared values or affinities, i took a different tack. My title was an abbreviation of the phrase "Laugh, and the flowers laugh with you" (which is itself a bastardization, yes). Along with a thoughtful-looking photo, i posted this:
The most healing thing in the world is touch. The second-most healing thing? Laughter. Any idiots can feel each other up, but matching senses of humor are rare. So here is a rough skeleton of my funny bone (A skeleton of my funny bone? Hilarious!). Lenny Bruce/George Carlin/Monty Python/Marx Brothers/ZAZ/Christopher Guest/Chapelle's Show. Practical jokes and gallows humor are a hoot, too. If you fancy a nature boy who isn't into makeup, martinis, or makin' the scene, here i be.
My net total responses, aside from the obligatory spam?
Zip.
Zilch.
Dingus.
Donut hole.
Kickin' ass and takin' names, in the cyberworld.

No comments: