Monday, June 1, 2020

frozen

I was on a train, speeding through the night in the deep of winter. I had a male companion, and interacted with a conductor. There was a feeling of ominous foreboding. Suddenly, a corpse with most of the flesh rotted away came after us, with murderous intent. After attempts at evasion, i threw myself from the train, to draw the corpse away from the others. I landed near a semi-frozen pond, the skeleton coming after me. Three quarters around the pond, i tricked the corpse into the water. I held my foot on its shoulder to force it down. Its bony arms wrapped around my ankle and calf, trying to pull itself up. I emptied a bottle of toxic fluid, perhaps anti-freeze, down its throat...

(A reasonable dream after months of not touching another humyn being, in quarantine? Perhaps. Though i must add, if this sounds like a nightmare, it didn't feel like one. None of that Hollywood "bolting-upright-with-scream" nonsense. It just felt like...yes, this is life. No conscious thought of viruses or inshelteration.)

No comments: