Monday, January 25, 2010

creepy cuddles

(The following is an ad posted on the W4M romance section of the craigslist online personals, and my response)
Does anyone else find these "lets cuddle tonight" ads creepy?
I love flipping through these ads... forget the onion- there is so much pure comic gold to be found in these pages. My new favorite? The bevy of ads that say things such as "lets share a beautiful time together in each others arms" or "cuddling is better than the real thing". Lets be honest kiddos, these are obviously written by creepos looking to get laid. But it sure is funny!
Dont get me wrong, I like to cuddle, snuggle, whatever. but A. Not completely randomly with randos from CL before meeting them and B. no, its not "better than the real thing". I also like people with sharp wit, intelligence, kindness and a love of laughter, SVU (or any crime show) marathons, stiff drinks, and people watching anywhere. I'm bored tonight... being totally lame watching bad tv. But I'd love to chat with you. I promise though, were not going to snuggle tonight. Maybe some other night though, that might be possible :p )
------------
Hiya,
I'm a teetotaler who dislikes kindness and knows that fans of "Law & Order" have trouble with emotional intimacy, so obviously we're not made for each other. But since you're right about the comic gold thing, and cool enough to unabashadly trumpet your sexuality, i thought i'd say a charitable word for the creepos, just to make sure you're not operating from a double standard. Looking for an instamatic cuddle partner is curious, but how is it different from most of the romantic hookups that happen in our world? Most hookups come at the bar/club/party "meat market" scene, often with total strangers. Most of these are fueled by alcohol...people self-medicating to lower their inhibitions, because their bodies and spirits are screaming for the intimacy that's missing in this touch-deprived, psycho-sexually repressed society. So do you find bar hookups "creepy", too? I think they're creepier than two sober strangers saying, "Let's hold each other".
For that matter, would dogs, who jump up on strangers with love and licks, find these cuddle-seekers "creepy"?
As someone who has slept with women without having sex, i reject the premise that these are all just people "looking to get laid". I'm sure it's at most only 98% of them.
There. I've advocated for the creepos. My social work for the day is done.
warmly,
wrob

No comments: