Tuesday, May 5, 2020

randy newman

DREAM SET LIST
(the perfect randy newman concert)
-Can't Keep a Good Man Down
-I'm Dead (but i don't know it)
-Political Science
-You Can Leave Your Hat On
-Mama Told Me Not to Come
-I Think It's Going to Rain Today
-I Love L.A.
-It's Money that I Love
-Lonely at the Top
-I Miss You
-Bleeding All Over the Place
-Sail Away
-Rednecks
-I Want You to Hurt Like I Do
-Blue Shadows in the Rain
-Shame
-Losing You
-Happy Ending
-Short People
Has any major lyricist ever been more unflinchingly honest ("I'd sell my soul and yours for a song")? Or written a funnier song than "Short People"? Oh wait, someone did - randy's own "Shame". I'm not doing album rankings, because randy makes great songs, not great albums (the two sublime exceptions are FAUST and BAD LOVE).

No comments: