Wednesday, May 27, 2020

provocateur

If there's a bear i'll poke it
But not literally of course
In real life i'd nary nudge a horse

If there's a cow i'll profane it
Offer me that scripture
I'll show you a conipture

If there's an empress i'll unpants her
Did you ever aim for gender-inclusive
and come off sounding icky or abusive?

If there's a cage i'll rattle it
Particularly cages of the mind
The kind i find make us blatheringly blind

I'm not saying i'm smarter than you
(though statistically it's probably true)
I'm not protesting i've been ingesting better books
(though i'll not shy from comparative looks)
I'm not claiming i've consumed more perspectives
(though i might scald your ceaseless subjectives)
I'm not bellowing i'm braver by far
(though you might meet my match only at the bar)

But i am a provocateur
who can glue 'em to their seats
And i've no time for provincial
protestations or conceits

Would you like to take me down?
You're welcome to give a go
If my defenders are in town
that might be a show

I've been wrong, no denying
I'll embrace my blunders
Have you even been trying?
One wonders, one wonders

Maybe you're completely free
of bullshit and hypocrisy
If so, you're a better fool
a better fool than me

No comments: