Tuesday, May 26, 2020

rainbow rambling

One in four asian brides
choose caucasian dick
Wait, i'm a white dude!
Where's my asian chick?

Just as many hispanic brides
want a gringo by their sides
Could anything be sweet-ah
than mating a mamacita?

With african-american wimyn
my odds are halved, much less
Though twice my hispanic and asian bros
So where's my ebony goddess?

Don't feel bad, white wimyn
You'll not be bereft and alone
Even if you don't deserve it
i promise to throw you a bone

Feeling listless, dear listener?
Perhaps a little cringe came out?
Are these words i speak racist?
Certainly, without a doubt
But you can never judge words alone
You have to measure heart
Always see what's beneath
Intent is the important part
Am i being ironic and silly
rhapsodizing my rainbow willy?
YES...yes and maybe no
It's a conundrum, i know, i know
Attraction to the exotic
is biology's natural song
DNA loves diversity
and hormones follow along
Plus, mixed babies embody
the best of our dreams and hope
In our climb up MLK mountain
they'll be our guide, our rope

It doesn't mean my attractions
are never suspect or dire
Find me someone balanced and selfless
I'll quickly call you a liar
Find me someone well-adjusted
I'll show you a tragedy
But the price of making things better
is a mess of confused misery

For instance, let's talk transgender
Let's sing a congruent song
I'll show how even good mental tools
can quickly lead you wrong

When i meet someone new
past the surface i try to see
I try to be ethnic/gender blind
I try to see them as a totality

I try to feel all they ever were
and all they might want to be
But what do you do if someone
erases their earlier identity?

What if they only want to be seen
for who they are right now
I don't know how to see someone like that
Maybe i should learn how?

Some trans folk are proudly binary
I'm a woman, i'm a man, now it's plain to see
Other folk cry for gender fluidity
The straights try to agree, often pathetically

In streets and sheets, confusions play out
Do your best to manifest kindness
One poet holds their heritage aloft
Another praises ethnic blindness

So thank you for your ear
At least i made it rhyme
I'll finish with some silliness
apropos to this confusing time

Every person is so much more
than orientation or origin
And besides, everybody knows...
the world's best lovers are jewish wimyn

No comments: