Sunday, February 1, 2009

hang glider dream

I dreamt last night that i was at the top of a mile-high South American cliff, strapped into a six-person hang glider with my friend john lazur, brothers dave, jeff, and john, and some young woman. The glider was made of a small amount of thick green canvas, with no poles, and we were like ducks, not side by side. We looked out over an enormous bay, perhaps by a small city. There were boats and other signs of humanity. We ran and lept out. Lazur was in the lead position. We plummeted rapidly. I shouted to john something about finding air currents, but he was thoroughly nonchalant. Our descent took a long time because of our height, but it was essentially a freefall. In no position to do anything, i relaxed. Then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzWHAP!!! We smacked the green water with such force, i wondered whether there were fatalities. In short order, lazur and the woman and john and i bobbed up. I dove for jeff and dave. I found them buried headfirst in the mucky bottom, up to their waists, their legs looking like the handles of post hole diggers. I pulled dave out, and pushed him up. I pulled jeff out, and surfaced with him. I looked around, and there was no dave. I dove back, and found him, unconscious and unmoving. I pulled him to the surface. After a minute or two, he came round.

No comments: