Wednesday, February 8, 2012

dear paul

Dear Paul,
Yes, Tony has evolved...he's become pretty dreamy in person, and has created some amazing paintings. Have you held a brush recently? Or is parenthood the death of creativity? I may have ulterior motives in asking that question, as my body seems in recent years to be SCREAMING at me to make babies...i keep finding myself being uninterested in women who want no part of children, and drawn toward fertile uteruses (uteri?), even obviously incompatible ones, almost recklessly.
=========================
Dear Rob,
Parenthood is not the death of creativity, it is just the lack of time to produce. 2 things I try to do is find creativity in what I am doing now for money. But that is an epic fail. there is no point in trying to think out of the box when raising a child. because it is pretty basic. Just nurture. I have found, if you hang around women who are not nurturing you will not want to procreate. But when you are involved with woman who are very nurturing you will want to have a child. I thought I could be a parent that would be cool and poor and artistic. but I, personally,need to make things a little easier for my son. Even though he is totally flexible with whatever situation I put him in. I love being a parent but I also do miss what I was.
Love,
Paul

No comments: