Thursday, April 28, 2011

post-apocalyptic dream

I'm in a grey, post-apocalyptic world. Some series of global natural disasters has struck. All industry and agriculture have died. I'm walking to the city of my family. I pick up a few companions along the way, for no apparent reason. I pass through towns where survivors eke out a living. Hopelessness pervades. Fire drums provide heat and light. I root through some colorful thrift shop clothes someone is selling. I get to the city, and find my family home. All that's left is one sister. I leave the city. I make the same trek months later. The family home is on a dried-out canal, and all the houses have now fallen into the canal. Hopelessness. I wander, and find a hospital. My sister is working there. There's one door labelled "body parts", because they didn't know where else to put them...

No comments: