Wednesday, April 13, 2011

grace, M

WOMEN 58-59
GRACE
One of the mothers from the children's shows i did on Sanibel. She had been unhappily married for fifteen years and divorced for one, and was raising two kids alone. She didn't make a strong first impression, but i gradually and sweetly fell for her. One time in the darkness backstage during a show, she stood nearby while i sat with a couple little bundles of joy bouncing on my knees. I gently reached out and rested my hand on her hip for a few minutes. Breathtaking. I wrote her poetry, we went out once or twice…but she wasn't ready. Or i had bad breath.
M
Another bittersweet moment. Beautiful soul, worldly, a dancer. I was quite attracted to her when we met, but a friend of mine was courting her. During a chance encounter at a gas station, i almost told her how i felt. Out of consideration for my friend, i didn't. A year later, not long before their wedding, she asked whether i remembered that day at the gas station. She said she had wanted so much to tell me how attracted to me she was. And the beat goes on…

No comments: