Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Witness For the Prosecution

THEATER 39
-winter 1994
Charlie Leeder came calling, asking whether i'd join a production that was about to open. It was a tiny part, but that was cool, there would be little pressure and it would be great to be around him again. The company was Shakespeare '70, in Trenton. Around this time, Charlie and i were in a two-year celebration of Harry Chapin's work. We would get together every month or two to listen to one of his albums, with a pizza. The play was a courtroom drama. I was the assistant prosecutor, Mr. Bartram. I can't remember whether i had a line. Charlie played the doctor. There was an Asian girl named Helen in the cast, whom i had a crush on. She thought i was too thin. I worked up the gumption to tell her that the only people who ever said that, hadn't seen me without clothes. I asked her out. She passed.

No comments: