Thursday, April 3, 2008

too busy being fabulous?!?

I don't fucking believe it. I was in the grocery store today, and the Eagles song "Busy Being Fabulous" played over the PA system. I can only assume this means that this is the second single from their new album, LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN.
Are you kidding me with that?
What the fuck, that's one of the lamest cuts on the album. What the hell is wrong with these people? Are you telling me that the Eagles don't have the cred yet to pick their own singles? Because i will not believe that they chose that song themselves. Good god no. It's a pretty good album. Could have been fantastic if they'd made it a single, not a double. But lord, am i the only sane person in the world? There are two fantastic cuts, the title track and "What Do I Do with My Heart". Those are the singles. A moron would...well, okay, obviously a moron wouldn't perceive it, but WHY have they put a moron in charge of selecting singles? The first single, "How Long", was a pretty mung-brained choice too. It's not a bad song, but it's at best the fourth or fifth single. Grumble grumble...

No comments: