Monday, March 17, 2008

zapruder

I watched a 1998 documentary on the Abraham Zapruder film of the Kennedy murder, entitled "Image of an Assassination". The footage was digitally restored, and seen publicly in its original clarity for the first time. It was disturbing, even horrific. No surprise there. I recommend it to everyone and anyone.
I've been wondering how much of this blog should be devoted to the minutiae of daily life, and how much of it should be more thought-out, article-like pieces. I'm not abandoning the minutiae idea, but i suspect it may be more article-centered than originally envisioned. In part because i have a hazy idea to collect these entries into some sort of book. Of course, as soon as i say that, i'll probably hit you with seven days in a row of "my moments today". Never did like to be pigeon-holed.
I audition tomorrow for a new play entitled "Genitalia", sort of a male version of "The Vagina Monologues". People who know me are sometimes quite surprised to find out that i've never done full nudity onstage. This play may change that. Yay!
There's no tooth fairy, and that man was not killed from behind.

No comments: