Wednesday, July 18, 2018

A trip and a dream

Yesterday, i was busking in the park when two pairs of people came along, and one from each group sat down. The first pair were drunk, and the second tripping on crystal meth. The drunk fellow gregariously slapped a $20 into my ukulele case, and said that should be good for a song. I played for forty-five minutes. He and the tripping womyn were very chatty - it was nice to see that there was no language (or chemical) barrier. When he left, the womyn with the powdery lips curled up on my leg. I still had a few songs to practice, so i just went with the flow until i was done. It seemed a safe place to leave her, but she didn't want me to go, and followed me after i got on my bike.
Another day on planet Earth...
Then last night, i had the strangest dream. I was a teacher's aide in an elementary school on the beach, a stone's throw from the surf. Our classroom was on the fourth floor, and there was some kind of commotion below. I saw two indescribably immense creatures emerging from the water, killing as many humyns as they could. All i could make out clearly at first were enormous tails thrashing and displacing staggering amounts of water. Finally i realized they were whales, but far larger than any i'd ever imagined. The bigger one was more angry, and eating and crushing people with abandon. Our teacher decided we should move to a safer part of the school. I thought we were fine, and stayed put. Then i decided i should be with the class, and got ready to follow them. But i wasn't dressed properly. Not quite naked, but close. I had pants and socks and found my sweater, but no coat or shoes. I set off searching for my class, and discovered that the lowest level of the building had several feet of water in it already. I passed a group of adults sitting in a hallway, and realized they were a vocal group who had been booked to entertain the kids. One of them was my sister, and she reached up to grasp my hand. She was so happy, and didn't care about the emergency. We chatted, then i resumed the search for my class. I found them...

No comments: