Saturday, March 17, 2018

more statutory life...

If you're going to be in NYC between now and July, this statue of me was just installed in an exhibit on bodies, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Existentially, in this world of alienation, it's strange to sometimes let myself think about the five naked statues of me out there somewhere in the world...perfect body molds...
I think about the people i'll never meet who interact with the statues every day. I think about those people, perhaps occasionally wondering who the humyn is whose replicated body they see every day...where does he live, what does he do, what does he think...
Maybe one silly, lonely womyn somewhere in Norway, touches my penis once for luck every morning...
Many people feel such a disconnect from their own bodies...
But i also have eight perfect copies of my body out there in the world, from which i'm disconnected.
Silly, alienated thoughts...

No comments: