Wednesday, October 14, 2015

naked maple

My brain don't know the difference
'tween false and true
If i just THINK i've done it
my brain thinks so too!

My brain don't know the difference
'tween fact and fiction!
My wildest fantasies
feel no contradiction

I imagine a world of peace
My brain thinks it's here!
I imagine never dying
and i'm free of our deepest fear

My brain thinks i've hugged aliens
and simone de beauvoir
My brain thinks i have a cottage
in Freenakedonia

My brain thinks i can fly!
And breathe under the sea
My brain thinks a bald asian athlete
is my soul mate (#3)

My brain thinks i'm surrounded by love
and laughing babies every day
My brain thinks the world leans in
to hear what i have to say

Of course it's not all
maple syrup and naked twins
My brain also thinks my sad thoughts
have happened again and again

My brain thinks i've been despised
Crucified and dragged in slime
My brain thinks i've killed myself
any number of times

There's no way around that
when lonely fear is the human norm
All we can do is dream
and shield our candles from the storm

No comments: