Sunday, October 27, 2013

squibnibs & squibnuvs

A thousand lovers would never feel so right for you as me
A thousand lovers would never feel so true for me as thee
But you're a squibnib and i'm a squibnuv
And squibnib and squibnuv ought never ever love

How can people live by wisdom of this sort??
It's time to appeal to a higher court!
But you're a squibnib and i'm a squibnuv
No, squibnib and squibnuv ought NEVER ever love

Is there no law of nature, no law of goodness true?
They ain't erected nothin' that'll keep me from you!
So you're a squibnib and i'm a squibnuv
And squibnib and squibnuv ought NEVER ever love?

I'll sleep on the floor outside your door
Until you say YES, or it's me that you abhor
For you're a squibnib and i'm a squibnuv
As squibnib and squibnuv, we'll show 'em how to love

No comments: