Sunday, April 7, 2013

corpse babies in the turtle altar

A friend and i came silently and stealthily to an enormous turtle-shaped, ceremonial bathing pool on a rocky shoreline. The pool was one of the key religious altars of our land, and we were part of a revolution against that horrifically repressive religion. Our goddess was very much like Hera or Athena, and we were prepared for any sacrifice to expose her lies. The sun was rising, and as we stirred the water in the pool, bodies became visible. The water was blood red. We knew if we could dump all trace of these murders into the surf below, the power of the goddess's hold on the people would be broken. We pushed several adult corpses into the waves. We found two infant corpses at the bottom of the pool. We knew we had either killed them, or in some way been directly responsible. We accepted that, and carried them unemotionally to the surf below. We began climbing back up. I suddenly realized that my companion was my dear friend Amanda. A wavy, flowing wig had been concealing her identity. We knew that once we climbed back up, we could be taken by the goddesses's acolytes. If that happened, we would probably die. But no violence could be done to anyone at the altar whose appearance was partially concealed. As my hand topped the highest rock level to pull myself back up, i knew we were temporarily untouchable. I suddenly knew that it was Amanda's intent to make love with me before we faced death. We were dangling vertically from the rock ledge, a precarious position. At first she wanted me to turn face-out, while she wrapped herself around me. Even though one of my hands had been able to encircle a rock outcropping above, i knew that we would probably both fall to our deaths were i to try to hold both of us in that position. I nudged her between me and the rocks, face to face. Even in this perilous position, i could feel myself becoming erect as our white altar garments were pulled away...

No comments: