Tuesday, December 1, 2020

OkCupid Leftovers 2

And.....after half a pandemic year on OKC, i've met exactly NO one. I've had maybe fifteen chat partners, and one non-sparking video chat. This activity void is partly because i get so little attention (i had one week where i got multiple new chat partners, but many more weeks when i got none). Partly it's because, counter-intuitively (given my desperate loneliness), i'm still picky. I rejected one poly offer and one charming offer of ongoing no-strings sex, in both cases because i was worried that my emotional needs wouldn't be met.
I also expanded my search parameters beyond monogamy, risking instant censure by mannnny wimyn. I answer profiles i know i shouldn't, just because i'm so alone it hurts. I try to convince myself that my intuition is fallible, so i cast a wider net (a dating strategy that's brought disastrous results in the past). I find my willpower assailed, the more these months drag on...answering profiles from drinkers or single moms or the questionably-intelligent...
And i continue to edit and evolve my profile (see updates below)! The one rant i've resisted is over the ungodly number who dance around the question "Most Private Thing I'm Willing to Admit". Any OKC member can just skip that question, yet so many wimyn go out of their way to answer by refusal-to-answer. Blunt answers, cute answers, insipid answers...SKIP the question, fine, but why DECLAIM your inability to answer? Like neurotic tweakers with Tourette's.
The one thing that amazes me a bit is that no one has told me how funny or fascinating they find my profile. Even those who have written, have barely given evidence they've read my words at all. Whatever else my profile may be...it's not boring. Opinionated, funny, perhaps elegant, possibly brilliant...but not boring.

MY SELF-SUMMARY

Love without fear or negotiation...anybody? Wildflower trying to fix the world. Ukulele blues comedian, pacifist, nudist, goddess-worshipping atheist. Part leader, part loner, part-time nerd. I cry...not often enough. Massage/cuddle-bug. I don't believe in jealousy (though i'll do monogamy). Clubs, bars, and dress codes suck, bonfire drums rule! My response to a world of poverty and oppression is to live as freely as possible, possessing only what i need. How deep can you go? How effortless do you need? No expectations, no limits. Merriment is paramount - irony, gallows, pillow fights. To cry, or laugh 'til you pee, go to the YouTube channel "wrob's naked meadow" (covid caveat: i haven't felt humyn touch since March...off-balance and raw...a pavlovian wreck).

MY STYLE CAN BE DESCRIBED AS

Nonexistent? Calamitous? Subsumed by substance? Fannypacktastic? I can be the most colorful person in the room, or disappear in plain sight so others might shine.

I VALUE

Radical forgiveness, honesty, and self-acceptance.

THE MOST PRIVATE THING I'M WILLING TO ADMIT

Secrets? Never. How about mild depression from lowering my emotional walls too far, and carrying the weight of the world? Small talk makes me shrivel. If you coax me to a party, i usually end up with the kids, pets, or climbing a tree. Sexual profile - slow penetrations of an hour or more. DDF, non-kinky (if you must be spanked, i'll learn to love it...oh WOW, will i learn to love it - i'm very giving like that).

WHAT I'M ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR

Someone who laughs at themself. No co-dependence. Low-maintenance! No makeup, heels, or shaving? Yes please. Automatic baby privileges for anyone with a higher cumulative IQ/EQ...or real afro.

THE MOST EXCITING PLACE I'VE EVER BEEN

China - but why do so many SF-OKC wimyn identify travel as one of the most essential things about them? Unending photos abroad...the insidious aroma of entitlement? Yes, travel can be stunning and transformative. But in a world of obscene poverty, to proudly advertise having more than you need, feels a bit soulless. Show your spirit, not your passport.

ARTISTS I'D PUT ON MY PLAYLIST

Miles, cassandra wilson, jaco, joni, ani...hey, you're still here! If you don't fill empty spaces with words you'll love me. Polyamory note - i never have, and maybe never will. Philosophically, i agree...jealous possessiveness destabilizes personal bonds and poisons the Earth (if you don't see the parallels between monogamy and capitalism, you're not paying attention). In practice, i may never find a polyamorous situation that meets my needs for deepest emotional connection, but...poly wimyn are on average six IQ points smarter than their monogamous sisters, and i'm too sapiosexual to cut myself off from that (okay, i made that stat up, but does anyone doubt it's true?).

No comments: