Monday, February 29, 2016

cassandra

As children we're taught black from white
and life is a movie we must write
And ever will we live in shame and regret
if we don't snag that shiny statuette
So we toss our lives up on our screens
Other people merely pawns, knights, or queens
I've finally learned that the only way
to win the game is not to play
So here's what i'll do
Not for me, but for YOU

I'll be your leading man
in some preposterous disney dream
Bathings, backrubs, babies
You-me-we, the inseparable team

Or make me co-husband number three
If non-traditional is sensible to thee
Have me in your harem if that's the way you go
Ten men for each woman? A logical ratio

Or send me to the wilds of Alberta
To your friend who bears that same name
She wants children but men don't want her?
Alberta from Alberta will be glad i came

I'll follow any lead you take
Platonic? Vasectomy? FWB?
I'll travel any road to make
you feel mindless, loved, and free

Why would i give my precious life
when it's not in MY movie plot?
Why would i give you anything
or everything i've got?

Because REAL trust, REAL love
have been eradicated like toilet feces
Extreme measures are called for
if we're to save our species

Because i feel the most perfect peace
when into my eyes you gaze
Maybe i'll find that in other eyes
or never again for all my days

No comments: