Friday, May 16, 2014

uninvoiced

If i told you i was falling in love
But it doesn't mean what you THOUGHT
Would you let me babble a moment
to love you like i ought?

Every time you've heard those words
Every movie, commercial, or song
Came with an attached invoice
A silent plea just as strong

"I'm fallin' in love, babe, i love you so true"
is but part the brew
The other half? The unspoken part?
"So whatcha gonna DO?"

I don't care what you DO or don't
I don't care what you WILL or won't

I'm falling in love with you, you see
But i know that's just biology
Loving someone is hard
Falling in love?
E-A-S-E-E

Obviously i like you
(it's why i wrote this poetic star)
Obviously you like me too
(or you'd not have read this far)

So in all simplicity
i simply say
If there's any kindness or help
i can give you today
I'm at your service
I'll come right away

And if there's nothing you need
Then i'm happy to be
Just a happy fool
falling for thee

No comments: