Friday, February 22, 2008

creature of dreams

My lover loves to dance
even when she's alone
My lover doesn't like the politics of makeup
or the way it feels on her skin

My lover climbs a statue
or a railing
or a friend
She doesn't even care if the strangers stare

My lover loves to race
Sometimes she knows where the finish line is

My lover has never understood the appeal
of a pharmacological path to fun
The need to knead keeps her nails short
She doesn't like perfumes
Or product in her hair
Secrets and smoke make her wince and cough
She says ears are for nibbling
but metal isn’t

My lover's honesty is a source of consternation
to many
She picked up “Society’s Instructions on the Female Body”
Then lost it…

My lover dresses in kooky clothes
except when she takes no notice of what she's wearing
which is most of the time
She's happiest wearing nothing at all

Fortunately for you and i my lover tonight is a creature of dreams
Otherwise we mightn't have had this time
together

(dedicated to that spunky one out there, who sits with her legs apart)
2003

No comments: