Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Catered Affair

THEATER 36
-fall 1991 to winter 1992
Charlie called, he was putting up a murder mystery dinner theater show with his N. Charles Leeder Productions. It was a show he had written and produced before. Full of one-liners and stereotypes, about an Italian-Jewish marriage. People start dying, the audience is given clues, many flashbacks to the No-Tell Motel…my character was assistant detective Norman Ginder, a classic square. I get bumped off just as i'm about to reveal all. I had a female detective partner, and she was great. It was a good group. Charlie acted, and so did a great guy named Jeff, who had done the show before and told me i was the best Ginder ever. Linda Rossi played the Italian princess. We did a couple of shows at fancy restaurants in New Jersey. Linda was still with her old boyfriend, and she and i were friendly, but not as close. It was my first paying job ($40 per performance). Tired of the fat jokes in the script and sad about Linda, i asked Charlie to replace me.

No comments: